Company's founder, education and professional development
Theo Schneider, Dipl. Ing. Civil Engineering
(TH Darmstadt – Technical University)
Extensive qualifications and expertise acquired during more than 20 years of experience in the waste management sector:
- Familiarity with strategic and operative planning and development of enterprises in the waste disposal sector based on over ten years of experience in company management and as plant manager.
- High level of competence in planning, coordination and implementation of the complete waste disposal logistics as well as city sanitation have also been acquired from professional experience.
- The continuous development and improvement of the performance of services of large waste disposal companies, with particular attention to service quality, profitability and operational efficiency, is constantly carried out in collaboration with personnel and employee representatives.
- Periodic economic calculations of the DSD-waste removal (Dual System Deutschland, also called green spot system, ie. system for Packaging Waste Recycling in Germany) at regular intervals.
- During the past ten years of professional work experience, the planning and implementation of mechanical and biological waste treatment plants have represented the main focus. Together with other landfill operation plants (modern landfill leakage clarification plants, etc.) we were responsible for an investment volume of ca. €100 million. With the respective contractual parties we dealt with tasks ranging from routine quality issues to dealing with various conflicts.
- A multiplicity of calls for tender and award procedures were successfully conducted and implemented.
- The operation method, which is always team-oriented, is characterised by strong organisation and leadership as well as by powerful communication and motivation. Difficult situations have also been repeatedly dealt with successfully with members of the staff, contractual parties, citizen’s initiatives and politicians.
- During the fusion of the waste management companies in the Hanover region these competences have stood a particularly important test.
- Conception and planning of the most varied tasks and projects are well known from the practical experience acquired over several years of working with private consulting companies.
- Drawing up a balance sheet and assessing environmental influences and costs fall within the range of the regularly employed standards.
- A more extensive overview of the whole waste disposal industry gained through the many years of standing commitment to the Association of municipal waste management and city sanitation within the Association of municipal enterprises [Verband der kommunalen Stadtreinigungs- und Abfallwirtschaftsbetriebe in dem Verband der kommunalen Unternehmen] (briefly VKS in VKU).
- A large number of lectures and publications.
Thanks to the know how and background acquired from previous experiences, the expectations of the potential clients can be satisfied favourably. The RESSOURCE ABFALL GmbH is able to meet its clients’ needs with well-tailored and profitable solutions, while maintaining flexibility and high quality standards.